fresh cherry, apricot + jicama salsa
I have been taking advantage of all the beautiful cherries in the market lately but instead of baking them into a dessert I wanted to create something where I could really savor the texture and flavor of the cherries in their most natural state. I broke up the deep sweetness of a huge bowl of pitted cherries with tart apricots (which I’m loving right now too), crisp jicama, lime juice and fragrant jalapeño and cilantro, still leaving the majority of the salsa to be the meaty little cherries. This was lovely paired with my new favorite chips, Curry & Mango Dippers, and also in grilled mahi mahi tacos. I would also love to see it on a goat cheese crostini. Cherries and goat cheese make a beautiful pair!
cherry, apricot + jicama salsa
- 2 cups pitted cherries, chopped
- 2 apricots, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup finely diced jicama
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine cherries, apricots, jicama, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño and salt; mix gently.
- Refrigerate until cool, about an hour.
- Serve with chips, endive scoops or over fish.