avocado margarita jello shots
This recipe was inspired by the jello shots at The Meatball Shop in Brooklyn, where they make cocktail flavored shots like a Manhattan and a Pimm’s Cup. I’ve always loved this avocado jello recipe from the Avocados from Mexico website, so I tried mixing it with some tequila. The result? A creamy gelatin with the flavor of a margarita! This little concoction is great for 1 ounce jello shots but you could also make larger molds and serve as a boozy dessert.
avocado + tequila jello shots
adapted from Avocados from Mexico
makes about 22 1-ounce shots
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons chilled tequila
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package lime jello
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- Mix together tequila and cold water; set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a bowl, combine boiling water, jello powder, sugar and lime juice. Stir until dissolved.
- Slowly stir in tequila mixture. Refrigerate until mixture is the consistency of egg whites, stirring occasionally.
- In a blender, combine jello mixture and avocados; puree until smooth.
- Divide mixture among molds. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour for 1 ounce molds.